ICN Administrative Manager
Click here to view Job Description
This is a part time job requiring up to 20 hours per week for normal activity and possibly more for special
occasions. Time schedule could be flexible, although preferable time of operation are 4 hours a day for 5
days a week during the normal business hours time frame.
The employee would be paid from ICN general fund.
Proposed salary: Up to $1,000 per month.
Tasks and responsibilities:
1. Communication with members and community. Newsletter, Masjid sign, bulletin boards,
Website mgmt., mail-outs, phone calls, messages, Mass Email management & maintenance.
2. Masjid organization and tidiness. Includes proper filing of documents.
3. Event Planning: Eid, dinners, fundraisers, Friday salat. This is a central coordination role
among the organizers, committee and the volunteers. Needs to make sure everything is available
and things are done promptly. This includes helping coordinate visitors and speakers inside and
outside the masjid.
4. Membership relations. Increase membership. Help with the admin of the masjid including the
5. Coordinate the Management of all hired “contract labor” and repair/ maintenance work shop
for services and coordinate payment. This includes the cleaning and making sure the Masjid is
clean at all times.
6. Manage ICN vending activities: sales of special items for ICN fundraising purposes only.
7. Volunteer coordinator. Recruit volunteers to help him or her, and manage their work. Maintain
records on available volunteers. Board members needing help would go to him.
8. Travel arrangements for visitors and help in hosting. Help in travel arrangements for ICN
representatives going on official business.
9. Assist with the educational and da’wah programs of the masjid as needed.
10. Library work.
• Dedicated to caring for the condition of Muslims
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities, and
cultures. Ability to handle difficult or confrontational personalities calmly, diplomatically
and effectively. Ability to coordinate work with the shura.
• High organization skills. Promptness and serious attitude.
• Languages: Excellent English
• Computer skills: Excel, email, Word, website (preferable).
• Knowledgeable enough in Islam to talk to visitors about Islam
• Event planning experiences a plus.
For further information contact Ghani Hashemi (349-9253) or Rashed Fakhruddin (480-6146) or
any other board member. Interested applicants, please send your resume and an introduction
letter to the following address by February 1st, 2007, firstname.lastname@example.org, or:
Islamic Center of Nashville
2515 12th Ave. S.
Nashville, TN 37204